Now that I’m an adult looking back on childhood, being a kid was much easier than I thought. My only responsibilities were to go to school, clean the bathroom, and play! Oh those were the days! As most kids, I couldn’t wait to grow up, that’s all we talked about, when I’m grown I’m going to do this, when I grow up I’m going to have! Can I go back? LOL!
So I compiled a quick list of things we took for granted as kids, we wish could do or have now that we are adults.
1.Naps. I didn’t fully want to take advantage of naps as a child. Maybe I thought I was going to miss something!
2. Falling asleep in the car or on the bus. There wasn’t a car/bus ride where I didn’t fall asleep! A car/bus ride for
me was an instant sleeping aid.
3. No Worries and stress.
4. Not having to pay for anything. You went everywhere and did everything thing and always wanted to spend those few dollars you had! Now that I’m an adult can we go back to the way it used to be!
5. Chores. I hated chores and got paid an allowance to do them! Now I get to clean the entire house for free!
6. An in-house cook. My mom prepared home cooked meals every night but of course liver and onions never sounded good and still don’t!
7. School was your job. I couldn’t wait to get my first job and have responsibility, now I wish all I had to do were to go to school.
8. Blissful ignorance. When I was growing up I thought everyone was middle class, grew up and found out, we were all struggling!
9. Creativity and Imagination. I made a car out of a couch, a stage out of a radiator, blankets into a house, and turned a closet into a bedroom. I wish creativity flowed so easily now.
10. What’s one thing you took for granted as a kid that you wished you had as an adult? Leave #10 in the comments.