Experience is not what happens to a man; it is what a man does with what happens to him.”
― Aldous Huxley
There’s something about getting older that brings about reflection. Today I celebrate my 34th birthday and I decided to reflect on 34 life-changing moments that played a major role in my development and who I am. I firmly believe every experience whether good or bad molds us into our best selves. Everyday I’m learning to appreciate every moment.
1. The moment I was born.
2. The moments I didn’t have a care in the world.
3. The moment I was introduced to God.
4. The moment I knew I could have it all.
5. The moments I walked across those stages.
6. The moments I doubted my existence.
7. The moments I wanted to give up.
8. The moments I gave up, made me better.
9. The moments I thought I knew it all.
10. The moment I wanted to end it all.
11. The moment when I realized that God’s plans for me were bigger than I could ever imagine.
12. The moment when I decided to just be myself
13. The moment when I realized that no one could stop me but me.
14. The moment when what used to matter to me really didn’t matter anymore
15. The moment I stopped comparing myself to others because who they are isn’t what it’s cracked up to be anyway.
16. The moment I was heart broken.
17. The moment I embraced my individuality.
18. The moment I let go of my past hurts because it’s not worth holding on to.
19. The many moments I made mistakes.
20. The moment I embraced the process.
21. The moment I started praying extravagant prayers.
22. The moment God heard me.
23. The moment I got fired.
24. The moment I knew my worth.
25. The moment I felt good enough.
26. The moment I realized happiness was tied to people, but joy was found within myself.
27. The moment I experienced real love and said yes.
28. The moment I knew motherhood was one of the toughest yet rewarding jobs I will ever have.
29. The moment I started this blog.
30. The moment I walked in faith.
31. The moment I felt fulfilled.
32. The moment I discovered my purpose.
33. The moment I jumped.
34. The moment I started living my dreams.
Heart this post? Share via the social media buttons below. Heart this blog? Share it with a friend.