“It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
Have you seen the movie “Click” with Adam Sandler? In the movie Adam Sandler is a hardworking father and husband and he is given a universal remote control which allows him to fast forward through certain moments in life such as sex, family time, and arguments, so he can get to fulfilling his career goals faster. His intentions of personal growth and creating a better life for his family were good, but in the meantime he was failing at being a husband, father, and friend, and missing out on so many valuable moments.
How many of us are guilty of this? Or know people that do this? They focus so much on their career, dreams, and providing for their family that they forget how to just LIVE. At some point we have to recommit ourselves to our spouses and families, and find some balance.
Here are a few thoughts to reflect on when you get in those busy type of situations:
1. Is what I’m focused on worth my attention?
2. Is my focus important or is it a reason to stay busy?
3. Busyness does not equal productivity.
4. Can I reschedule or hold off on what I’m doing until a later time/day?
5. It’s okay to relax and take a break, everyone including yourself will thank you!